how can i be notified, or run a daily report that informs me when students submit an assignment

how can i be notified, or run a daily report that informs me when students submit an assignment

by marc helfano -
Number of replies: 6

hello everyone, thank you.

i need to learn how to be notified, or is there a daily report i can run... but i need to know what students submitted what assignments and/or checked off manually a completion checkbox.
currently, i need to goto admin, users, all users, and sort by most recent login, and then go see if a student that logged in did an assignment by looking thru the assignment submissions, ..

there must be a better way.. either a plug-in, or a report or anything that simply informs me when something is submitted, and what assignment it was, so i can simply goto the assignment submissions and review the assignment submission!

please, there has got to be a better method.

thanks 
mm

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marc helfano

Re: how can i be notified, or run a daily report that informs me when students submit an assignment

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Marc,
the Event monitoring could help you. I don't know if you can get a single daily notification, I have just set up to get an email whenever the event rule I have configured takes place.
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: how can i be notified, or run a daily report that informs me when students submit an assignment

by marc helfano -
thank you, i will take a look, but i cant imagine a lms, that doesnt have a feature for this, or even a plug-in developed.
In reply to marc helfano

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
If the purpose is for grading, also consider the GadeMe block which shows when Submitted items Need to be graded.
In reply to John Provasnik

by marc helfano -

hi john, thanks, 
currently my school uses another system for grades, so i dont use the moodle grading. but it the block you mention will notify me of the assignment submission, then it'll do,.

is this within moodle, you mentioned a block, gademe or grademe? or is it a plugin i should install to try?

thanks

In reply to marc helfano

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Marc,

Just making sure you've come across 'Notifity graders about submissions' in the Assignment settings? A notification is sent whenever a student submits an assignment. (There is no option for a daily report.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by marc helfano -

thank you, i am seeing that there now, ill select YES and try it out, 

thx again!'