How to setup Moodle for different teachers within a school

How to setup Moodle for different teachers within a school

by Mike L -
Number of replies: 4

Can we setup Moodle in such a way so that each teacher can only see his/her own students while the school principal can see all the classes?

I know there is a group feature, but is there a school or even district feature?

How do other schools setup Moodle so all teachers can use the same course but still have their own classes?

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike L

Re: How to setup Moodle for different teachers within a school

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you want teachers to share the same course but only see their students in the course, then you need both to use groups in the course (from the course settings, eg the gear icon drop down, select Separate groups) but you also need to change the permissions of the teacher role so they can only see the groups they are in (When you set up groups in the course, add  the teacher to their group of students as well as the students) See the question Can I restrict a teacher to view only the groups they are in? from the Groups FAQ documentation.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mike L -
Great help! Thank you Ms. Cooch!

Mike
In reply to Mike L

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You might find it an efficient use of your time to work through the Moodle admin basics course from https://learn.moodle.org/. That gives a good overview of how Moodle sites are normally set up in a short amount of time.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mike L -
Great suggestion! I'll go through the Moodle admin basics.

Thank you Mr. Hunt!

Mike