Problem with updating M3.9.1 to M3.9.2

Problem with updating M3.9.1 to M3.9.2

by Esli Verheggen -
Number of replies: 5

Dear developers, 

In our webhosting platform (Plesk) I am trying to manually update our website to the latest moodle version. Unfortunately, when I change the moodle code to the 3.9.2. version, the site breaks and simply shows the following error message: "Sorry, the requested file could not be found." 

I made sure to update the config.php file in the new 3.9.2 version, and all the values are similiar to the config.php 3.9.1. version. 

In uploading the 9.3.2. code to the server, I got a total of 63 error messages of files that were unable to be transferred from local storage to the server. Here are some of the files that did not transfer (to get an impression): 

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone was able to point me to what I am doing wrong in running the update. To your more experienced eyes, does it look like a failure in the configuration, or is one of the missing files creating the error? Or am I forgetting something completely different alltogether? I followed this documentation on Upgrading Moodle, so luckily I did not overwrite the earlier version or anything. After moving back the 9.3.1 code, our site is running normally. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Esli Verheggen

Re: Problem with updating M3.9.1 to M3.9.2

by Esli Verheggen -
I'm still looking for some guidance on how to succesfully do the manual upgrade. Would grately appreciate some help smile

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

There are many ways to do updates.  I have a few videos in this post, cPanel, not Plesk.  But the video might provide you some help and guidance.

See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=401983#p1621924.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Esli Verheggen -

Dear Rick, 

Many thanks for making and sharing those videos. They helped me out a lot! Had to wait a little while until the circumstances ofr upgrading were optimal, but everything worked out following your video! 

Best, 

Esli 

by James Steerpike -
The update procedure is to copy all your Moodle code files to a backup and then git or unzip the latest build into the Moodle folder. So I am not sure at what stage the 63 files showing errors occured. This is clearly your problem.
I would redo this step. Download the Moodle files to your directory and unzip  it. Copy the old config file and add any plugins.

by Benjamin Ellis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi,

If you are having problems uploading the files, then you will obviously not have all the files to run Moodle. Have you could read permissions on all the files your are trying to 'upload' or are you running out of space (quota) on your server?