SSO with JWT token

SSO with JWT token

by Siddharth Patel -
Number of replies: 1
Hello Moodlers

I am using Moodle 3.8. I want to make the SSO system with another application by using the JWT token.

I tried to check for them on Moodle plugins list, but could not decide which one to use.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Siddharth Patel

Re: SSO with JWT token

by creative arts -

Hi there,

If I understand you correctly, I believe you want to achieve SSO for your Moodle site and the other application that supports JWT authentication.

I had a similar requirement a while ago. I fulfilled my requirements using miniOrange.

miniOrange provides SSO connectors for Moodle site, and provides JWT authentication using their miniOrange IDP service. They offer the miniOrange IDP as a Cloud service as well as an On-Premise product. I did not want to have a dedicated server, so I opted for the cloud service.

Here’s how I set up the SSO:

1. I installed their SSO connector on my Moodle site, and configured the SSO with miniOrange IDP. They also provide another plugin for Moodle in case you want to use your existing Moodle credentials for SSO. Since I wanted to use my existing Moodle user credentials, I installed their ‘Login Using Moodle Users’ plugin as well.

2. I then configured the other application (which supports JWT) in miniOrange IDP.

And that’s it!

Now, when any of my users visit the Moodle site, they click on the SSO button, and enter their Moodle credentials to log in. And when they visit the other application, it automatically logs them in without having to enter the credentials again!

They have extensive documentation available on their site using which you can easily configure the SSO. And if you get stuck at some point, just reach out to their support. They have a very responsive support team, and will help you in setting up the SSO according to   your requirements in no time.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)