Slow Loading

Slow Loading

by Gilbert Loyogoy -
Number of replies: 5
Hi everyone , I just have a little issue on my site , I successfully change my database from local to remote but I notice that loading of my site became so  slow. Normally when I am using local database the page load for only 1 - 2 seconds but on remote it will takes almost 5 - 10 seconds to load. Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gilbert Loyogoy

Re: Slow Loading

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

A remote DB on a remote server involves networking.  In order to assist you will have to provide some more info in the setup of your moodle ... especially the remote DB server.

If you can, suggest installation of MySQLTuner ... assuming the DB is MySQL or MariaDB ... on the web server and run it with superuser credentials of the DB server.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Gilbert Loyogoy -
Thank you Ken, I am running a Remote database MariaDB on a remote server with 4gb ram, I'll try to install the MySQLTuner
In reply to Ken Task

by Gilbert Loyogoy -
Hi Ken this is the result of my Mysqltuner 

In reply to Gilbert Loyogoy

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

No offense, but screen shots from a mobile device leaves a lot to be desired. :|  Example .... blue on black background ... can't read!  Tuner does have an option for running with 'no color'.

There was a lot more in that output than just the recommendations ... yes, you need to sort out what to share/obscure ... anything that has [!!] is, according to Tuner, not good/optimal and there will probably be recommendation related.

This sort of thing can be ticky and is unique to your hosting/networking, etc.

It will also should require you to set up host and users coming from the IP address your web server to be the only ones allowed to access specific databases ... don't want the globe to be able to poke and probe the DB box for DB server.

Please see:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/ipv6-remote-connections.html

and choose your version of MySQL and networking ... above shows vr 8 and IPv6 ... You might need version 5.7 and IPv4.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Gilbert Loyogoy -
Thank you so much for your help, You're right I've set a '%' for my user in mysql. I'll take note all of your advice.