Late submission with auto-switching phases on - what can I do now?

Late submission with auto-switching phases on - what can I do now?

by Bobby Deetz -
Number of replies: 2

I truly have been researching this as much as possible. I know that new development is coming and I have bookmarked the Tracker for that. I know that having auto-switching to the assessment phase on while accepting late submissions is a bad idea. But I have an instructor who did this, the rest of the students have been doing their assessments, and now there are late submissions. What can he do without messing up what has already happened? Can he somehow manually allocate these late assignments even though the assessment phase is underway? I just can't find help for this scenario, which must be common. Any advice? Thanks so much! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bobby Deetz

Re: Late submission with auto-switching phases on - what can I do now?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That should not be hard at all. In fact, Workshop supports this case natively. If you prefer, you can still use the "Allocate submissions" link and on the "Manual allocation" tab assign the reviewers manually. In fact, you could even use the random allocation but you would have to be more careful with the setting in order not to unallocate existing reviews.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Late submission with auto-switching phases on - what can I do now?

by Bobby Deetz -
Thanks so much, David. I feel more confident giving the instructor the go-ahead to manually allocated submissions after the fact.

Cheers!
Bobby