"Jump to" questions

"Jump to" questions

by J S H -
Number of replies: 1
Originally posted in Tips and Tricks, with little success - is this a CSS thing?

When in 'Show only 1 topic' mode in a course a nice 'Jump to...' combo box appears at the bottom of the course. My questions are;
  1. How can you position this combo box elsewhere on the page?
  2. How can you determine what is shown in the list? For example, our courses show like...
    1--What is a database?
    2--How to sort a database?
    3--How to filter records?

whereas Moodle Help resources show like
    1-Getting started with Moodle
    2-Using Moodle
    3-Developing Moodle

Thoughts so far are that it is something to do with the topic description, with new lines separated by a dash. So far though I have not been able to get anything in between the two dashes!
It's a minor thing, but one hopefully that will help the students at school (especially positioning the combo box).

Cheers
John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J S H

Re: "Jump to" questions

by anthony meagher -
Hi John,

I don't know the answer to your question ... but i would like to know!

It seems that questions of the 'jump' menu variety don't get answered very often. I don't know if this is the wrong part of the forum or if they're not of much interest to anybody?

I'm trying to configure the jump menu - I want to make it appear at the bottom of the page (footer) - seems to work by cutting and pasting some code from the header, and also to customise the look of the buttons, which I can't find any reference to ... they're code generated, I think?

Anyway, if you have any luck I would be interested in knowing.

Anthony