conditional profile fields plugin

conditional profile fields plugin

by Mina Attia -
Number of replies: 4

We have installed conditional profile fields plugin and then even the administrator account cannot log on and keep directed to the "/user/edit.php?id=2&course=1" page each time i try to navigate any page. 

it there any way to remove this plugin from CLI 
we are using Moodle on betnami.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mina Attia

Re: conditional profile fields plugin

by Information Kepler Prep -

I am brand new at this, so please keep this in mind as you read the response. ;) I don't have that plugin, though I did have a similar issue, so maybe this will help. I added a required custom field to our system for registration and it threw me into an unending cycle forcing me to update the field in the System Admin account that I was logged in as. Unfortunately, it wouldn't allow the update in the profile when I tried. I kept getting an error and then redirected back to the admin profile to update it. I had to go into the database and manually remove the field in order to break out of the cycle (I didn't try updating the database manually, which would've been safer - it's possible that would've worked too - this is a sandbox install, so I just deleted it). Perhaps if you made any of the fields required, you are having the same problem. 

In reply to Information Kepler Prep

by Mina Attia -
how can i delete the fields from the database ?
In reply to Mina Attia

by Information Kepler Prep -
I used phpMyAdmin to access the database (app is in my cpanel for my site). Then find the database for your install. Then the table. In mine it's mdlow_user_info_field. If you are in anything other than a development "sandbox" site, I'd try just updating the field in mdlow_user_info_data. I can't guarantee it won't cause issues in the rest of moodle (though it hasn't seemed to cause an issue for me so far). The safer method is to just update the field with the appropriate info. You need to match up the userid and the fieldid from the _info_field table. The app I'm using allows me to update a field value directly, delete a row, or run SQL. Personally, I'd try updating the System Admin user's field in the _info_data field and see if that gets you back on track. Then try to use whatever application created the field to delete it, in case there are things we didn't account for. If this is a live site - be very, very careful!
In reply to Information Kepler Prep

by Mina Attia -
i couldn't find the table mdlow_user_info_data