Need help creating a SQL report on assignments using Equella attachments

Need help creating a SQL report on assignments using Equella attachments

by Matthew Willis -
Number of replies: 3

Hi there!

I need to create a SQL report that returns all assignment modules that use Equella attachments via the Equella integration plugin. I've looked at the mdl_equella table, but cannot locate anything that links it to the mdl_assign entries. How can I do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Willis

Re: Need help creating a SQL report on assignments using Equella attachments

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Firstly, I don't know what 'Equella' is, but I had a quick look for plugins and I couldn't find any related to Moodle's Assignment at all. It seemed to be a separate activity. So, it might help to explain a bit more how it relates to Assignments.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Matthew Willis -

Hi Howard,

Equella is an open-source file repository system that has a Moodle plugin that allows users to attach Equella resources to Moodle activities and resources. Below are screenshots of the File Picker from the Edit Assignment screen (open a course > turn edit mode on > add an activity or resource > Assignment > Additional Files). Note: we've renamed it from 'Equella' to 'Learning Bank' in this Moodle.

In reply to Matthew Willis

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ok - it's just a repository to find the file.

In which case, I don't think you are going to be disappointed. There's presumably no need to link back to the source repository or for Assignment to care that the file came from Equella. It won't record it anywhere.