bulk edit user notifications preferences for a cohort

bulk edit user notifications preferences for a cohort

Napisane przez: Matt Bury ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 1
Obraz Plugin developers

Hi,

I'm trying to work out a way to edit cohorts of users' (Students') notifications without getting RSI.

The page is here:

moodle/message/notificationpreferences.php

or

Dashboard > Users > [firstname lastname] > Preferences > User account > Notification preferences

What I'd like to be able to do is change a list or cohort of users' notification preferences as a bulk action.

Example 1: A cohort is going mobile only, which makes email notifications redundant. In this case, how would I turn off all email notifications & switch those specific preferences to mobile &/or web.

Example 2: A cohort collectively requests that they want to receive forum & messaging notifications via web or mobile only. How would I do that?

Just for a small cohort, say 15 students, this is a lot of manually going through menus & clicking on dozens of buttons for each user. Too much of this would give me RSI (Imagine managing a site with 80,000+ users!)  Also, asking students to do this for them selves would be unreliable & perhaps irritating for them.

Is there an easier way to do this or perhaps via SQL queries directly in the DB?

Thanks in advance! uśmiech

W odpowiedzi na Matt Bury

Re: bulk edit user notifications preferences for a cohort

Napisane przez: Shahram Mirkhani ()
Hello,

I have the very same problem now and I would be thankful if you could let know if there is any solution to this problem.

Regards
Shahram