Category Manager doesn't have Site Administration Block

Category Manager doesn't have Site Administration Block

by Liko Purba -
Number of replies: 4

I've assign a user to be a Manager in a Category

But when i'm log in to that user I can't find the "Site Administration" Block, so that user hardly manage the category

But if that user access it directly via link "/course/management.php", it can open and the user can manage the category

I also compare it with a user that have a role as manager system, this user have and can see the "Site Administration" block.

Why my category manager can't see the "Site Administration" Block?

I'm using Moodle 3.8.2+ with Boost Theme 

Attachment Screenshot_4.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liko Purba

Re: Category Manager doesn't have Site Administration Block

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Because a *Category* Manager isn't a *Site* administrator.

Having Manager rights in a category doesn't give you any site-level capabilities (e.g. creating users) so you wouldn't expect the site-admin option to show.

I think the settings you are looking for may be accessed by the 'Settings cog' over to the top right on the Category page. 
In reply to Howard Miller

by Liko Purba -
Thanks sir for the explanation
I understand now

So, can an Admin add a menu for Category Manager in Dashboard, so that user can easily (without call it via link address) edit their courses under their category?
In reply to Liko Purba

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No... using the Boost theme the 'Settings cog' is the method for that.

That's actually a function of the theme, so different themes may have that link somewhere else.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Kajetan Kalus -
Dear Howard,
I am facing the same problem, but with the Maker theme (3.9+).
Could you please point a direction for me where I can set up the "Category Manager" link in Dashboard, similarly to what Liko is trying to set up?
Many thanks,
Kajetan