H5P activity embedded - grading system not working

H5P activity embedded - grading system not working

by Yvan Urunuela -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I'm on Moodle 3.9.1.

I have a H5P question set activity. To complete this activity, you need to get a passing grade; once you get the passing grade you can access another activity (let's call it activity B).

If I try it directly from the H5P question set activity, it works fine.

But... I have embedded (iframe) the H5P question set activity in a Moodle page activity, and when I try the question set from that page, I cannot access to the activity B even though I get the passing grade.

Does it mean that the H5P grading system does not work if the H5P activity is embedded? 
Or Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Yvan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yvan Urunuela

Re: H5P activity embedded - grading system not working

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Yvan, Yes, unfortunately when H5P content is embedded it does not work with the gradebook.

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Yvan,
if you use the core activity H5P (i.e. the content bank), you can add in a Page any activity from there, using the H5P button of the Atto editor. Doesn't that work either?
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Yvan Urunuela -
Hi Beatriz,

No, unfortunately. I tried but it didn't work.

To sump up:
- Moodle 3.9.1 and H5P core activities.
- I'd like to embed H5P activities into Moodle pages (to get more customized options) to create a learning path (once you succeed H5P activity A you can access to H5P activity B and so on).
- It works fine when using H5P activities directly.
- But I couldn't do it with those 2 options: 1) copy-paste iframe in Html Moodle page, 2) adding a H5P activity with the atto editor (the grading system not working).

Thanks for your answers.

Yvan

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Yvan,
Mary was right - not that I doubted it, but I thought that using the H5P button the tracking of activities would somehow be possible. Since I don't grade H5P activities, I hadn't checked it. It makes sense because Books and Pages don't get grades, so they are not listed in the Grades.
I also like to put several H5Ps into one single container when possible and understand your point.