Deleted quiz questions

Deleted quiz questions

by Casey Swenson -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!,

I'm a new user, and was trying to move my test questions and somehow deleted them  (see screenshot). I don't believe I manually backed up the course. Is there any way to retrieve deleted question bank items? (they are not showing up as old questions, and show as deleted in the log).

Attachment Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 12.36.19 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Casey Swenson

Re: Deleted quiz questions

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Casey,

First check that the questions are indeed deleted. When you "delete" them from a quiz, the questions are not deleted*, they are simply removed from the quiz and are still present in the question bank. So, check if the questions are in your question bank.

Then you should check if the questions are in the Recycle bin ↗.

Finally, your information technology department probably makes backups every night. Ask if they can help you.

* The term "Delete" is somewhat misleading. In my opinion, the term "Remove" would probably be more appropriate.

In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: Deleted quiz questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The recycle bin does not cover questions.

And, if the deletion was logged like that, then I am afraid it means that the question is really gone.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)