Upgrade to Moodle 3.9.1+

Re: Upgrade to Moodle 3.9.1+

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Two things ... if you installed h5p as a plugin in 3.5, how well does upgrade handle addon plugin -> core?

And think I observed this with 3.9.x ... to keep core small, h5p did acquire the libraries separately ... or maybe not the reason for keeping core small, but getting compat libraries added to Moodle as there are some things h5p can do that haven't reached Moodle yet (present in WordPress, however).

Few plugins work in that fashion me thinks ... addons usually say/warn part of a set and one should get the block etc as well, h5p doesn't ... but that's good? (as long as it works).

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Alain Raap -
We haven't looked any further at h5p in Moodle 3.5. We'll take a further look at it in Moodle 3.9.

How was the performance in your sandbox after upgrading to Moodle 3.9? Did you see an improvement compared to Moodle 3.5? And did you also upgrade your other infra components like Apache (or Nginx), Redis, PHP and php-fpm?
In reply to Alain Raap

by Ken Task -

My sandboxes are small ... very small compared to your sites.

The fact I have multiiple versions of Moodle on that sandbox server means tweaks to mysql and apache (standard balancing act) needed.

Towards that end have found a tool like MySQLTuner but for apache ...

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/using-the-apache-2-buddy-script-for-performance-and-stability/

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)