1st Topic not showing in Navigation Drawer

1st Topic not showing in Navigation Drawer

by Ray Pierce -
Number of replies: 4
Some system information......

Moodle Version: Moodle 3.9.1 (Build: 20200713)

Server: Linux Quad Core
Processors: GenuineIntel Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS) Speed 2600.004 MHz
Cache 16384 KB
Database: MariaDB 10.2 PHP: 7.2 - FPM=on

I have recently installed Moodle 3.9.1 as mentioned above. I have been using 3.3  up till now. Things seem to be working great except that the 1st topic of all my courses doesn't appear in the navigation menu. The topics are not hidden. The courses are restored from the old version. I created a test course to see if this issue was due to the restore process. The problem persists even in a course created in version 3.9.1. I included a screen shot .

If I add a topic and move it to the top, it does not appear in the navigation menu but the missing one appears. I have been forced to add a Place keeper topic in order to have all my intended topics appear.

Any guidance on this issue would be appreciated.
Attachment Capture.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Pierce

Re: 1st Topic not showing in Navigation Drawer

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

When you've entered the course, isn't Topic 1 showing already?

The links in the left column (nav drawer) are like quick links to other topics lower down in the course, are they not?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Ray Pierce -
The Nav Drawer is supposed to show all topics. In the event you've scrolled down in a long page all you need do is click the appropriate link in the Nav Drawer. At least that's how it has worked for years....
In reply to Ray Pierce

by Ray Pierce -

FOLLOW UP:

I have some SCSS code to hide the Content Bank which works. However it also seems to be the culprit to hiding the 1st topic in my courses.

Would anyone by chance know how to hide the Content Bank without this problematic artifact?

In reply to Ray Pierce

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
If you post the css you're using to hide the Content Bank, we might be able to help. It’s obviously not being specific enough.