Can a resource serve as an event for the calendar?

Can a resource serve as an event for the calendar?

by Stephen Wallace -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

I am using 3.8.4 and I am trying to adapt somewhat the use of the calendar. I know in those courses with an activity I can have start/end dates be displayed on the calendar. But for my situation, we have an area that simply has a number of dates for things outside of Moodle and we would like to make our students aware of them. I realize I can simply create events for the calendar but I would like them to show up in the course area (not the Calendar block section but the actual course area). Ideally, I could create a Label and set a date for it but this is something that doesn't have any of the date functions attached to it since it isn't an activity.

I've looked at plugins and other options but just not finding anything really. I know my use might be outside the normal way of using Moodle but I am hoping there is a creative and yet simple way to display calendar events inside this area but also have it tie into the Moodle calendar as well.

Thanks for any input.

Best regards,

Stephen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Wallace

Re: Can a resource serve as an event for the calendar?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Stephen,

Although resources obviously don't have start/end dates, does setting an activity completion condition 'Expect completed on' for the resource suit your needs?

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Can a resource serve as an event for the calendar?

by Stephen Wallace -
Thanks for your response. In this particular case we aren't using the completion aspect because it's more of an informational page found within a category. Just trying to find an easy way to create individual events that could be updated in a yearly calendar but that would also feed into the site-wide calendar.