Blank Page on Moodle 3.9 using new plugin

Blank Page on Moodle 3.9 using new plugin

by TikAcademy Gonzalez -
Number of replies: 5

Hi to all, finally I could join the community.

I've setup my moodle and I'm using the NEW Custom Certificate module on 3.9 but when students try to download their Cert a blank portrait page and my template is landscape.

I've read that there was some sort of option to assign a certificate to a course but i can't find it anywhere. When installing the plugin I can't see 3.9 as compatible listed version.

Could anyone help me please, my students are complaining about not being able to get their certificates.

If it's that you can't use this plugin on 3.9 how can I generate custom certs for my courses?

Thanks

David Gonzalez

Campus TikAcademy Trainer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to TikAcademy Gonzalez

Re: Blank Page on Moodle 3.9 using new plugin

by Nik Bernaz -
Same problem here, I added the new 3.9 compatible module, created a beautiful custom certificate but there is no place to select it, as per the video.

There is no Custom Certificate Administration in the course administration "More" menu
In reply to Nik Bernaz

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Nik Bernaz -
Thanks for taking the time to show me this post.
Where is the Custom Certificate Administration menu in 3.9, because despite my best efforts, I cannot find it.
In reply to Nik Bernaz

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It depends on your theme. I can't help you, sorry.

Check if you have hidden the nav bar, if so open it and see if it is there, if not try look for a cog icon.

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Nik Bernaz -
Thank you Mark.

On Moodle 3.9 in either Boost or Classic, I am unable to find the page. I have not hidden the nav bar, and there is no item related to Custom_certificates in the cog icon menu.

I found a way to display 1 custom certificate manually to replace the blank one that I had.

1. Fire up your database tool, I used phpmyadmin here

Select the table shown on the left, and you will see your custom certificates on the right. The one that I wanted was the one with id 2

Select the table on the left, and change the templateid to that of the template that you want to use, id 2 in my case.
*** my guess is that if you change the course id here, you should be able to use different certificates for different courses ***

Not elegant, but it does the trick if like me you are stuck.
Now the custom certificate is issued to students.