Activity based admin roles

Activity based admin roles

by Shakir Gill -
Number of replies: 4

We want to conduct a data collection activity. We are planning to do it by creating a course and then creating atleast 6 feeback forms for six different departments. 

We want the department representatives to extract data from the feedback activity after a group of students respond. 

This what I am planning to do:

1. Create a course and enroll all respondents as students. 

2. Students respond to the 6 forms 

3. A role to be assigned to each department representative that will allow them to extract or view responses only for their own particular feedback activity. Like a person from Student Advising should be able to view the feeback activity data for their own feeback acitivty within the course but they should not be able to view the data for other feedback activities within the same course

I do not know how to do point 3. I want to give a an admin priviledge on the basis of module activity and restrict access to other activities at the sametime. Also I do not want the user with these admin priviledges to administer on course level or enrollments. 

Can someone help me?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shakir Gill

Re: Activity based admin roles

by David Saylor -
If you want a role that can be assigned, one thought would be to add a "type" value to your feedback activity. Then add a view permission for each available "type" of form.
In reply to David Saylor

by Shakir Gill -
Hi David,

Thank you for your response. I have checked that, I can assign specific roles to specific activity but what if there are 6 persons on that role and I want to restrict to persons from accessing eachothers activities to view and extract responses?
In reply to Shakir Gill

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You can assign a role in an activity - for the activity in question, click on the cog to edit settings, and one of the options in the dropdown menu is “Locally assigned roles”. Assign the role of teacher (or non-editing teacher) to one individual. Do the same for each of your 6 Feedback forms, assigning a different “teacher” to each.

They only have the teacher role for that particular activity; when they leave the activity and return to the course, they revert back to their normal role.

See https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Assign_roles#Activity_Module_context

It’s how the Forums work on here - in this forum, I’m a participant (student) - but in others I’m a moderator (teacher).
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Shakir Gill -
Hi Jon,

thank you for your kind response. This would definetly work for us.