Extra Padding at Top of all hyperlinked videos.

Extra Padding at Top of all hyperlinked videos.

by Saaid Agherdien -
Number of replies: 4

Dear Reader, Please help

After upgrading from Moodle 3.1.18 to 3.5.12 all of our hyperlinked videos display with extra Padding-Top forcing a scroll to death. How can we get rid of the added padding?

The environment:

Ubuntu Server: Moodle 3.1.18  (php 5.6) and the upgraded  Moodle 3.5.12. (php 7.2.30)

The theme and all other settings of the upgraded 3.5.12 is the same as the original 3.1.18 instance.

See the screenshot below:

Top padding added to videos in moodle 3.5.12

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Saaid Agherdien

Re: Extra Padding at Top of all hyperlinked videos.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Replying because of plea in PM .... am not a theme person ... but maybe a place to start ..

In 3.1 core themes were base,bootstraphase,canvas,clean, and more
In 3.5 core themes are now boost, bootstraphase,clean, and more.

For quite a few versions higher than 3.5 boost now the 'darling'.

Did you customize theme when it was a 3.1.x?

Is your 3.5.x site now using a core theme or your customized theme?

What happens if you set the site to boost?

Theme designer mod is off ... right?

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Saaid Agherdien -
Thank you Ken, your opinion is most valued.

Did you customize theme when it was a 3.1.x? -- No customization - We used the core "Clean" theme.

Is your 3.5.x site now using a core theme or your customized theme? : --- Yes it is using the core "Clean" theme

What happens if you set the site to boost? : -- The same result when I set the site to boost.

Theme designer mod is off ... right? : --- That's right, it is off.

It appears therefore that this is not a theme issue. If this is so, then what else could possibly force the "extra padding"

by Saaid Agherdien -
Dear All
A heartfelt thank you to Ken for sharing. Ken planted the seed for deeper thinking around the issue. I decided to disable the core media player "VideoJS player" so the videos now display without the "extra top padding" . I have enabled the "HTML5 video"

The issue then is how do I configure the "VideoJS player" not to force the "extra padding".

by Saaid Agherdien -
Dear All
In the spirit of sharing, my VideoJS player is now enabled. The issue was that the default CSS class for both video and audio was missing, i added it now videos are rendered as expected.

Padding_Top resolved