Count automatically and return to last attempt

Count automatically and return to last attempt

by Marcelo Rodrigues -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, everyone,

Version: 3.7

I have 2 very difficult problems, I have tried several strategies and I could not solve them.

I would like to ask for help, and whether there is anything to be done or not.

Description of the 2 Problems:

Problem 1

1- A questionnaire was being answered by students when the Internet network stopped working.

2- When the Internet network came back, the time for the questionnaire had expired.

3- In the Questionnaire configuration, in the item "When the time expires" was selected the option "Attempts must be submitted before the time expires or they will not be counted".

4- We were left with many students without the grades, but they solved the questions.

Question: Is there any way Moodle can automatically correct and provide the grades for these students?

Problem 2

5- We would like to reopen this same questionnaire, without giving the option of a second try.

Question: Is there any way Moodle can open the attempt, which time has expired, by "continuing the last attempt"?

6- If no action is possible, would there be a solution by programming?

Thank you very much and ask for help.

Marcelo.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcelo Rodrigues

Re: Count automatically and return to last attempt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Why set the option "Attempts must be submitted before the time expires or they will not be counted" if you want "When time expires, grades are submitted automatially" ?

Until MDL-35745 is done, the only way to get out of this situation is by fiddling around in the database.  After extending the time-limit, change the relevant values in quiz_attempts.state database column from 'abandoned' to 'inprogress'. You will need to work out the rows to edit by looking at  the quiz column, or something.

Note, it is very easy to break stuff editing directly in the database. Proceed at your own risk, and test carefully.

P.S. Note: in English, quiz and questionnare are different things, but I know what you mean.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Count automatically and return to last attempt

by Marcelo Rodrigues -
Dear Tim,

Thank you very much for the precious explanations.

I sent your guidelines for my supervision.

Thank you!

Marcelo.