"Dialogue" module customization need

"Dialogue" module customization need

by Nima Zarin Parsa -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All,

I need to fill the "Open with" with one fixed user. This means that I dont to force the user for search anybody.

I mean making a dialogue with a fixed person.

Anybody can help me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nima Zarin Parsa

Re: "Dialogue" module customization need

by Marie Waterhouse -

Hello,

I am just experimenting with this app and trying to use it as a helpdesk feature.

You need to adjust the permissions. The app is loaded as a course activity so open within the course and under 'Dialogue Administration' choose permissions.

Change the permissions Receive, who can be the recipient when opening a conversationmod/dialogue:receive to include / exclude the groups you want.  For example if you exclude 'students' then they can not send to another student.

But then you have to decide who they can send a Dialogue to.  When you are actually in the app the user has to select a recipient from the drop down box. I am using this as a helpdesk option. I have created a user called 'HelpDesk'  with management role. Within the description area of the app I ask users to type 'Helpdesk' in the 'Open with People search potential box'

This app needs to sit within a course. I have created a Helpdesk course and under course admin set groups to separate. I think this means they can not see other peoples posts but am still checking this.

The Dialogue App fires an email to the 'Helpdesk' with a 'view in Moodle' and the 'Helpdesk' reply fires an email to the user with a 'view in moodle' link. This is a very good feature if you are trying to keep all communication out of an email inbox. It is good for history of conversation and support advice and also GDPR - all communication with that user can be deleted with the user account if needed.  It is very useful for support.

In reply to Marie Waterhouse

by Thiago Gianegitz Azenha -

Good afternoon, how are you?

I'm having trouble configuring the dialogue plugin.

When a student sends to the teacher and the teacher replies, the reply message does not include the student's user.

This way the student does not see the answer topic.

Is it possible to help me?

Thank you.

In reply to Thiago Gianegitz Azenha

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
There was a bug reported earlier in the week with dialogue that might be related to this - can you please make sure you have the latest version (released yesterday) and see if that fixes your issues?

thanks,
In reply to Dan Marsden

Good morning my friend!

excellent!

I updated it and it worked perfectly!

Thanks a lot for the help!

In reply to Thiago Gianegitz Azenha

enjoying...
would you have any SQL query for the plugin statistics survey? For example, number of unanswered messages, closed, ... ...
Or some other way to get that kind of information?