Scheduler and Moodle 3.9

Scheduler and Moodle 3.9

by Henning Bostelmann -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Scheduler users

I have now marked the latest release of Scheduler (3.7.0) as compatible with Moodle 3.9 in the Plugins directory.

This is not a new release - it's just to confirm that, according to my tests so far, Scheduler works on Moodle 3.9 just as well as on 3.7 and 3.8. If you saw any imcompatibilities, please report them here or on the Moodle Tracker.

I'm still hoping to release a new version with bug fixes and (hopefully) added features later this year, but it will probably be more towards the end of the summer.

Best wishes

Henning

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

Re: Scheduler and Moodle 3.9

by Sandra Di -

Hello, 

I am fairly new to Moodle and I am trying to figure out how to use the scheduler extension. I have downloaded the zip file but now not sure how to actually access /use it. 

I apologize if my question doesn't belong here, just trying to navigate my way around.   

Kind regards, 

Sandra

In reply to Sandra Di

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
You need to unpack the ZIP file's contents into the directory "mod" within your Moodle installation (so that a directory "mod/scheduler" is created). Then, open (your Moodle URL)/admin/index.php in your browser.

This is the same for all Moodle plugins - see here:
https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Installing_plugins#Installing_manually_at_the_server

(NB there are other possible methods of installation, as mentioned on the page above.)

Best wishes
Henning

by Sandra Di -

Thanks very much, I will need to discuss it with our site's administrator to ensure there is no problem with the app. 

I appreciate the quick reply and hope we can use the tool. I think it is just what we are looking for. 

Sandra

by Jason Losett -

Thank you for the update Henning. I'm very hopeful that one of the new features will be the ability to import from csv. This would be a game changer for our institution.