Overall course grade 100% (moodle 3.6)

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 5
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: moodle 3.6

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Richard Oelmann

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Harmony. I deleted your duplicate post in accordance with our Site policy regarding duplicate posts. I will now move this thread to the Gradebook forum to see if you get different answers there.
In reply to Deleted user

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Harmony,

The gradebook and course grade aggregation is a bit of a challenge, I can understand that. What I think is happening, is the following:

In your site, under Site administration > Grades > Grade category settings, check if the default aggregation of grades is set to 'Natural'.
This setting determines how a course grade is calculated by default. The 'Natural' aggregation is basically a sum of all grades a participant can get in the course. In your case, that's 8 * 100 points = 800.

If you wish to set this to another grade aggregation, this is also the page to select a more useful one, such as Mean of grades.

You can then check if you can change the grade aggregation method in your course through Grades > Gradebook setup, by clicking Edit > Edit settings for the topmost grade category (which will correspond with your course's name).

Hope this helps.
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Richard,

That's a useful page, but as the gradebook and grade category settings can be perceived as quite challenging, it would be useful to also have a more user friendly clarification somewhere. The science and math of grades and aggregations can be a bit daunting.