h5plib_v124

h5plib_v124

by Edwin Lynd -
Number of replies: 6

when upgrading from Moodle 3.8.3 to 3.9, it is stuck at the h5plib plugin and shows:

The plugin "h5plib_v124" is damaged or outdated and cannot be continued, sorry.

More information about this error

×Debug info: Invalid plugin directory name.
Error code: detectedbrokenplugin
×Stack trace:
  • line 546 of /lib/upgradelib.php: plugin_defective_exception thrown
  • line 1877 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 711 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
I checked the bug here https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-68571?attachmentViewMode=list

but still don't know how to fix it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edwin Lynd

Re: h5plib_v124

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Tracker said this:

If I visit:
admin/settings.php?section=h5psettings

and manually save this page, the upgrade settings page then loads and allows the upgrade to complete.

So without being logged on, using browser URL line try to go directly to:

https://yoursite/admin/settings.php?section=h5psettings

Worth a shot! smile

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Edwin Lynd -
Thank you Mr Ken Task. Here is what I see:
1 Go to https://mysite/admin/settings.php?section=h5psettings
2 redirected to my login page
3 logged in and it shows H5P settings (H5P framework handler wit this value H5P framework v1.24 (h5plib_v124) as default), click on save changes.
4 then as guided by the tracker(https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-68571?attachmentViewMode=list), "go to the Dashboard and click on Customise this page button", but it shows a plugins check page first, and at the bottom, it is the h5plib_v124 to be installed. Press upgrade data button,
5 upgrade settings page: https://mysite/admin/upgradesettings.php?
6 Update your site registration (It takes a while)
7 Go to the Block HTML add and configure a new HTML Block. I can see the block settings with no errors.
8 Add a the H5P file attached to this issue (chart.h5p) into the content setting using the Atto button named H5P. Click on Save changes once you had added the H5P file. I can upload the H5P file with no errors and you can see this nice chart.
9 site works normally except for the notification: The admin/cli/cron.php script not being running.

Thank you again, and your information " without being logged on" is really crutial.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Edwin Lynd

by Ken Task -

Congrats!  Not sure if what you did was described in Tracker ... but you got it to work and that's the most important thing, right? (no need to answer that)

Admin users of a Moodle face special situations that don't apply to any other roles in a Moodle.   And, through the years, once I grasped and remembered that clearing cookies, local browser cache, and trying to go directly to an admin area via URL in browser has been handy.   That last part ... going directly ... one has to know the URL.   Thus I regularly create an sos.html page ... note that's html ... with relatively addressed links.  Example: link to default admin page is /admin/.   So that's the link in the sos.html file.  Moodle doesn't do relatively addressed normally.  Another important relatively addressed link in sos.html is the link to themes ... since themes are inline and a putzzed theme which renders the dreaded 'white screen of death' means admin user cannot change theme.   Relatively addressed sos.html page can get there.

About cron ... that you need to address.  Have a sandbox server with multiple versions of Moodle.  Each cron job cannot run every minute as is recommended, so I have a bash shell script to run them all ... one at a time .... lowest version of Moodle first and marching upwards in versions til the highest reached.

Depending upon what each site needs, a version cron might take longer than the others.

Do know that moodle caches tons of stuff ... and one of the most important task within cron is cleanup or updating cached information.

Anyhoo ... again ... congrats!  Now you can move forward! smile

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Edwin Lynd -
Thank your for these really handy tips!
I simply upgade one moodle website from 3.8.3 to 3.9. I can't understand your ideals here:
"Have a sandbox server with multiple versions of Moodle. Each cron job cannot run every minute as is recommended, so I have a bash shell script to run them all ... one at a time .... lowest version of Moodle first and marching upwards in versions til the highest reached."

what is the main purpose to do so?
is it adviced to set a sandbox server for upgrading Moodle to new versions?

When using v3.8.3, the corn job was running well, after upgrading to 3.9, it has stuck.
My mysql has been upraded from mariadb 10.0 to now 10.4 for this upgrading to 3.9.

I resloved the "Moodle upgrade pending, cron execution suspended" problem for times, but I am still facing and troubled with the cron problem. It could happen in both plugin and Moodle code upgrading.
In reply to Edwin Lynd

by Ken Task -

Was just sharing with you my server setup and how I run cron for all the moodles installed.

Cron does need to be set to run once every minute.

Yes, it is wise to set up a dev clone of your production Moodle so you can test plugins/themes as well as updates/upgrades.  With a dev clone, if there are hickups/problems, you are aware of them ... can work on resolution to the problem on your dev clone and then when figured out/fixed, you know what to do and how to do it on your production server.

*Very wise to do a dev clone when upgrading to a .0 ... that's a .0 ... of any version of Moodle.  While .0's are tagged as 'stable' doesn't mean it won't have bugs ... generally do (as you have experienced first hand) ... Moodle updates code every week and if one had not installed your Moodle using git (which makes acquiring updates easy and less painful) one has some work to do to get a minor update ... like 3.9.0 to a 3.9+ or soon a 3.9.1.   Those point releases do contain fixes to code.

That's hind site at this point ... but  something to consider when you have time ... set up a dev clone of your production server, side load git, so it's easy to update.

'SoS', Ken