eBook style navigation

eBook style navigation

by Mike L -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Everyone,

We just install a copy of Moodle locally. Just wondering if we can assemble instructional materials and assessments together so to students, they'll just navigate the course like using an eBook. In other words, there are left arrow to go back and right arrow to go forward. Hopefully, we can have a progress bar at the bottom of the page.

Can this type of navigation be achieved using Moodle? Or is there such a "plugin" available? If not, is it possible for somebody to program one for us if we can find the budget?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike L

Re: eBook style navigation

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This doesn't completely solve your problem (it doesn't include a progress bar), but my Navigation buttons plugin (  https://moodle.org/plugins/block_navbuttons ) does add next/previous buttons to each page. It requires a small core change to work (although I've proposed an update to Moodle itself, in the hope this can be avoided in the future).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

by Mike L -
Hi Davo,

Thank you so much for letting me know!

What can we do to help the specific developer(s) know there is such a need (Navigation buttons plugin), so hopefully they can update Moodle accordingly? A small core change could mean a big change for people like us who are users, not programmers. However, this time, I'll ask my programmer friend to help us out.

Thank you!

Mike
In reply to Mike L

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You could try voting for this issue: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-68564

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

by Mike L -

I work with a few different groups. Some are schools and some are small organizations. We have quite a few who like to vote for it.

I visited that page. I did not see where I can click to vote. I'll spend more time looking for it later today.

Thanks for the info!