Trying to restore a course from 3.1 to 3.8 but failing.

Trying to restore a course from 3.1 to 3.8 but failing.

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 4

Is there any special treatment needed between a course backup from 3.1 and restore into 3.8?  Conversion maybe?

I tried the restore an .mbz file  as directed but the progress bar gets to the end but nothing happens.

This on my new linux Mint current version home server so I should have all access rights. Additional installation may be needed.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Trying to restore a course from 3.1 to 3.8 but failing.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No... but the image you are showing is not restoring the file, it's just uploading it. Place to start - is the file too big? Can you upload any file, anywhere?

Moving to General help too...
In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
It seems to me that the system would report: "File to large", no?
It is 133 MB.
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You'd think.... However...

What's your maximum file size set to? 133MB is quite a lot if you haven't done anything about it. See File_upload_size
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Changing the setting helped. I misunderstood that you had moved this to general help from installing. I posted the next phase of errors here already.