Adding events do "Level Up! Gamification" Plugin

Adding events do "Level Up! Gamification" Plugin

by Inês de Sousa Lopes -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone!

I developed some simple block plugins on my website so my "student" users can make some specific tasks.  As I also need to add gamification to my website, I installed the plugin "Level Up! - Gamification" (https://moodle.org/plugins/block_xp). 

The gamification criteria that I need for my website is to add points when the tasks of the plugins I developed are done by the  "student" users.

As I understand it, "Level Up !: Gamification" assigns points through event recognition. There are already events that it recognizes by default (those that concern Moodle Activities and Resources), but I need to make "Level Up !: Gamification" recognize events that I created myself (events that I triggered and that I already know that work because they appear in the event log). However, the "Level Up !: Gamification" plugin is not recognizing my events when they happen.

The "event trigger" I made is in the context of "system" and I use the name of the event to activate the event in the plugin "Level Up! : Gamification".

Can someone explain to me what I may be doing wrong or what may be missing on my event for the "Level Up ! - Gamification" plugin to recognize it?

Thanks a lot!

(sorry for my English 🤗)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Inês de Sousa Lopes

Re: Adding events do "Level Up! Gamification" Plugin

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=404050

PLEASE... do not post the same thing in multiple different forums. It just splits your answers and causes confusion
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Adding events do "Level Up! Gamification" Plugin

by Inês de Sousa Lopes -
I'm sorry, I didn't know how Moodle Forum work. I thought that the discussion topics worked independently and had different users.