how could i add multiple pages to one chapter at the same time

by Karim Mohsen -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Guys

I need help to know how could i add multiple pages to one chapter at the same time , as u see in the above pic , i have many pages to be added in this chapter and i can't select all of them at one time , so i should select one bye one

is there any way to select multiple pages and insert them in the chapter ?

thank u all

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karim Mohsen

Re: how could i add multiple pages to one chapter at the same time

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What's a "chapter"? Are you talking about Moodle's Book activity?
In reply to Karim Mohsen

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I suggest the Microsoft Word File Import/Export tool: https://moodle.org/plugins/booktool_wordimport
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to John Provasnik

by Karim Mohsen -

Thank you so much for that great Idea

it is very nice trick to import chapters names , but what if i want to import images also inside those chapters because this is my main problem , i have many images and i want to import it inside chapters not one by one . do u have any trick for that ? :D

Attachment Capture.JPG
In reply to Karim Mohsen

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Insert the images into the Word file containing the chapter names (as headings). You can insert multiple images in a single operation in Word, either by selecting the images and dragging them over the Word file, or using the Insert > Picture > From file... command in Word.
The purpose of the plugin is that you do all your writing and content preparation in Word, and just import the final text into Moodle. For best results however, you need to make maximum use of styles in Word. You can install a Word template to help you with this from http://www.moodle2word.net/mod/resource/view.php?id=44.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Karim Mohsen -
yes i did it and it have worked good but not great , because i lose the quality of images and make it pages side by side even if i changed this option from Microsoft word from Option--- Advanced - image size and quality ---- don't compress images in this file .

I want to insert images to word with same of its quality but i dunno how
You can see the deference between inserting it by Microsoft Word and inserting it manually
thanks in advance
Attachment 1.JPG
Attachment 2.JPG
In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
There may be a small loss of resolution in images if you try to resize them within Word. You should create and edit your images outside Word and import them 'as-is'. Then the conversion process will keep them the same size.
Separately, I recommend that you don't use images to represent tables containing text - use a table instead! This is essential for people with vision impairments who use screenreaders, and it is also much better for people reading your material on a small form-factor device like a mobile phone.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)