Quiz inside Book

Quiz inside Book

by Paul McLennan -
Number of replies: 6

I have just started doing the Moodle Basic Admin course and noticed that there are 'quick check' quizes imbedded in the Book (e.g. "Quick check: Which link do you press to create one, new, empty course?" at the end of "Create a course". How is that done, and example would be great? I didn't see it in the Moodle Basic and can't find it in the documentation of elsewhere in the forums. #adminbasics 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul McLennan

Re: Quiz inside Book

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I just had a look at the course and what they have done is to embed H5P activities.

However, with a bit of work you can also use Moodle quiz questions in a book. For it to work you have to install the Embed Question filter (https://moodle.org/plugins/filter_embedquestion). Be aware that the filter only works with question which have been given an ID.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Matthias Giger

by Paul McLennan -

Thanks, got Embed Questions to work after manually editing the Atto options to include embeddedquestions.

In reply to Matthias Giger

by Muhammed Ibrahimoglu -

I have the same need. All I want is to embed questions in the book. They look awesome. but my moodle is 3.3.6 so what do you recommend I do??? 

In reply to Muhammed Ibrahimoglu

by Paul McLennan -

This is what I did in Moodle 3.8 but it should work for you.

First see the article on stealth activities, but basically you create a Topic and set it to Hidden using the eye icon and then create the H5P activities in this topic. 

Create a place where you want the H5P to display, I have been using  Books with sub-chapters, you will come back here later.

Create your H5P activity in the hidden topic, make sure you enable the "Display action bar and frame" Display Option. Save and display the activity, at the bottom of the activity click on the <> Embed and you will get a popup with some html <iframe> code. Copy that code and paste it into your sub-chapter, I use the HTML function of the Atto editor. You get there by clicking on the down-arrow icon at the top left of the Atto function toolbar, this expands the toolbar and you should now see the </> icon, click on that to activate native HTML editing. Paste the "<iframe>" code, save and display.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)