Moodle Cloud Site stuck on Maintenance mode

Moodle Cloud Site stuck on Maintenance mode

by Sudhakar Gollapalli -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

We have 5 moodle cloud instances for which I have done export of site (mysql) I received email that export is successful and I was able to download the dumps for all instances. 2 out of 5 are stuck on Maintenance mode even after i downloaded the export files. Appreciate any help or tips to get the site out of maintenance mode. 

These sites are down for more than 24hrs now I raised zendesk tickets via support section no response so far. 2 sites are

https://simplyenergy1.moodle.school/ 

https://simplyenergy2.moodle.school/

Regards

Sudhakar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sudhakar Gollapalli

Re: Moodle Cloud Site stuck on Maintenance mode

by Igor Neumann -

WE are having the same problem since today at https://reggioemilia.moodle.school/

We opened some support tickets but no idea on how to solve this.

In reply to Igor Neumann

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Igor,

Sorry - Your site was stuck in maintenance following a issue that occured during the upgrade. That was resolved yesterday.

Mathieu
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Jack Liu -

Hey Mathieu, our site is also currently stuck on intermittent maintenance mode as well. abcmath.moodle.school is there anything you can do to help? 

In reply to Jack Liu

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Jack, I've replied in the conversion specific to your site.

by Business trainer -
Hi Mathieu,

I am the admin of kingstonacademy.moodle.school, I received a number of complaints from the students that the Moodle become very stuck in the afternoon (after 1 pm Melbourne Local Time). Students cannot attend online classes. Can you please help me out? Is it caused by the Moodle Cloud Update or Maintenance? BTW, everything looks normal in the morning classes.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you so much for your kind help in advance.

Cheers,
Owen
In reply to Business trainer

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Hi Owen,
There was a significant and unusual usage spike over the last few hours. This is back to normal now.
Sorry about the interruption,

Mat

by Business trainer -
Hi Mat, Thank you so much for your prompt reply. It could be the reason, and back to normal now. Cheers, Owen

by Paul VanGundy -
Hi Sudhakar,

While I don't have a resolution to the issue, I'm having the exact same issue. Problem is my site has been going in and out of maintenance mode since last week and it now has been in maintenance mode for 5 hours. I have no idea what's causing it and MoodleCloud support has been 100% unresponsive. I have a ticket I opened last Wednesday about this issue and not a single response. I am definitely getting off of this platform when I'm able to get our exported data.

/paul

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -

Hi Sudhakar,

I'm very sorry for this issue - this happened because of the upgrade to Moodle 3.8.2. We're investigating the exact cause to prevent this from happening again.

I made sure all 5 sites are now out of maintenance mode.

Mathieu