Site have been continuously going in and out of maintenance mode

Site have been continuously going in and out of maintenance mode

by Jack Liu -
Number of replies: 3

Our site (https://abcmath.moodle.school) have been stuck on some sort of maintenance mode cycle for the past 3 days. It would be active, then go into maintenance mode then back to active for hours at a time. It's incredibly disruptive especially during our busiest time of the week, Saturday and Sunday.

Can someone please help with this?

-jack

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Liu

Re: Site have been continuously going in and out of maintenance mode

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Jack,

It appears the pdf converter had an issue converting an assignment. The missing file was breaking the creation of the site backup that was requested last week. I have removed the wrong record and the site backup is being attempted as we speak. To ensure data consistency, it's necessary to put the site in maintenance mode while the backup is happening. Please let me know if you'd rather cancel the site export altogether.

Sorry about this and thanks for your patience over this long weekend.

Mat
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Jack Liu -
Hey Mat, thanks for getting back, if the export is still happening by the time you see this message, let's cancel it and get the site back up and running please.

Do you remember specifically which assignment it is? or how was it breaking the pdf converter? just so us or someone else reading this forum won't make the same mistake again.
In reply to Jack Liu

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Jack,

As requested, I cancelled the site export task.

The issue lies between Moodle core and the 3rd party provider we depend on for the file format conversion. It's not something that was caused by a user on your site, so unfortunately cannot be controlled by a change in how you use Moodle.

We are looking into it, to prevent it from happening again.

Mathieu