Azure User Provisioning

Azure User Provisioning

by Matt Hamilton -
Number of replies: 6

Hi gang,

We just discovered that the "User Provisioning" section of the Moodle enterprise application in our Azure portal is enabled now.

To set up user provisioning from Azure, it asks for two fields: "Tenant URL" and "Secret Token".

I'm guessing the token is just a web services token, but we're stuck on the URL. When we try using our (test) Moodle instance, we get this message:

"The tenant URL is usually in the form https://<>/scim."

Is SCIM a plugin for Moodle that we don't have installed? If not, what URL should we be trying for the cross-domain identity management from Azure?

Cheers,
Matt

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Hamilton

Re: Azure User Provisioning

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

"Moodle enterprise application in our Azure portal"

The what? On the face of it, it doesn't sound like you are talking about Moodle. I'm not an Azure user. A bit of context may help. SCIM is just a standard for moving user data about, it's not a plugin. Again, I don't know anything about it except that I'm not aware of there being a moodle implementation

In reply to Howard Miller

by Matt Hamilton -
Hi Howard,

Thanks for your reply. If you're not an Azure user then it's no wonder you don't know know anything about it. I'm sure there are people active in this forum who use Moodle with Azure single sign on and know the "user provisioning" area I'm describing. Hopefully one of them spots my post and can help me out.

Cheers,
Matt

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I hope you're right. I don't recall any discussions in the past. Of course, we only tend to see people who have problems.

by Geoffrey Van Wyk -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Matt,

I am also interested in this. Did you manage to find a solution?

In reply to Geoffrey Van Wyk

by Matt Hamilton -
Hi Geoffrey!

No, we never did find any more info. I ended up provisioning users (and enrolling them in courses) with a scheduled script using my Moodle PowerShell module.

Cheers,
Matt