Help needed with Moodle 3.9 QA testing

Help needed with Moodle 3.9 QA testing

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 28
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moodle 3.9 is scheduled for release on Monday 8 June 2020, so we're running another Quality Assurance (QA) testing cycle, as displayed in the Moodle 3.9 QA testing dashboard.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 3.9 on our QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the QA testing guide.

If you're interested in trying out some of the new features and improvements in 3.9, look out for tests labelled as 'new'!

As always, we're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests, so all help is much appreciated. smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.9 QA testing

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Like for other versions, i'll try to find/take some time to help in testing.

Séverin
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.9 QA testing - 75 tests passed after 2 days

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Many thanks Luiggi, Nicolas, German, Jose, Chad, Jean-Marc, Severin, Ahmed and Vernon for offering to help, also Hugo, Ingrid and Ravi for your messages.

According to the Moodle 3.9 QA testing dashboard 2 days into the cycle we're up to to 75 tests passed (12%) and 1 failed! Thanks everyone for your help!

Please note that tests involving H5P, badges, the activity chooser and participants page are currently on hold until related MDL issues are integrated. Also, more tests will be added to the QA cycle soon covering exploratory testing of new features.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.9 QA testing - 75 tests passed after 2 days

by Moien Abadi -
Picture of Testers

Dear Helen 

Count me too, 😊

In reply to Helen Foster

by Sharon Monie -

Please count me in (limited time but I would love to try and get involved). Thanks.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Kiril Goldenshteyn -
Picture of Testers
Hi, I would like to join to QA testing.
In reply to Kiril Goldenshteyn

by Helen Foster -

Many thanks to Moien, Dominique-Alain, Sharon, Thomasz, Vicke, Arto, John, Vernon, Ahmed, Jean-Marc, José, and Kiril for also offering to help with testing.

If you'd like to help with QA testing and have not been involved previously, please create a tracker account then send me a message and I'll add you to the testers group.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Laurence Marr -
Hi Helen,

I'd be happy to help out! I've messaged you to get added to the group smile

cheers,
Laurence
In reply to Helen Foster

by Max Larkin -

Hello hello,

If there's more tests to get to I can try knock off a few as well smile

In reply to Helen Foster

by Sander Bangma -
Thanks so much to everyone who's been helping out so far! We have currently passed 324 out of 595 tests thanks to you! 😊 👍

We can definitely still use more help so if you do have some capacity to keep testing or join in it would be really appreciated! 🙏
In reply to Sander Bangma

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The QA Test guide says, "Only assign one issue at a time unless you plan to test a number of related issues within the next 24 hours. In other words, don't assign several issues to yourself then do nothing for several days. wink"

Is there anything that can be done about tests that fall into this category of, "do nothing for several days?"

In reply to AL Rachels

by Helen Foster -

Good point AL, I have gone through open issues where the assignee hasn't had chance to run the test in over a week and un-assigned them so that the test is once again available for anyone to pick.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Help needed with Moodle 3.9 QA testing - Thank you Helen!

by Dag Klimas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Helen,

thank you very much for your organization and support also for this QA cycle. 🥂💐

Dag

In reply to Dag Klimas

by Helen Foster -

Thanks Dag for your kind words, and many thanks to everyone who has helped with 3.9 QA testing.

The testing cycle is now complete, with all tests passed, so ready for the 3.9 release on Monday 15 June 2020. smile

Kehinde, thanks for your offer of helping. Our next QA cycle won't be for a while, however you are welcome to try things out on our Moodle QA Testing site and post in this forum about any issues you come across, or any questions you have. If you come across any bugs, please report them in the Moodle tracker.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Cosmas Kasumba -
Picture of Testers
Thank Helen and the team, it was a nice experience to be involved in the QA cycle.
In reply to Cosmas Kasumba

by Sander Bangma -
Thanks to all for your help with testing - tremendous effort once again! 🙂👌
Average of ratings: Useful (1)