Is there a direct link to the grade excel file? Can it be online?

Is there a direct link to the grade excel file? Can it be online?

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 5

Salam 

I’m the admin and some teachers have real difficulty using Moodle. I want to help teacher by adding below each quiz a link that takes them directly to the grade excel file? Can the excel file be online without downloading it to the computer?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: Is there a direct link to the grade excel file? Can it be online?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I don't quite understand. If your teachers are struggling with downloading and opening up an Excel file, it sounds like they are having problems with Microsoft Office (Excel) and not Moodle.

If a teacher clicks on the quiz, then Attempts, they will see the quiz grades in a spreadsheet layout. Are you saying that your teachers are struggling to do this?

Maybe I don't understand the real problem.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Ahmad Amer -
Some teachere have general computer phobia - they either find it easy or just quit!
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think it would be better phrased as
'Some people have general computer phobia'
But people manage to use the stuff at home where they really, really want to see gossip on facebook. 

Some people suggest that is because Facebook is 'easy to use' but to me it is fairly incomprehensible. The difference is that people really want to get to the gossip. Need a way for them to want that spreadsheet. and then offer them a way to find out how to do it. Sorry if that is overly philosophical rather than practical, and I  do sympathise with your position.
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You don't want to hear this, but my advice would be to take away their computer and figure out a better way for them to teach.
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

No, you would help them more by teaching them where to find what they need within Moodle instead of having them export to a different program.  What trouble are they having?