Drop Zone Text

Drop Zone Text

by Daniel Thies -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In the Drag and Drop onto Image on Text question type, there are blanks on the form field sets for Drop elements to specify "Text". The value and stored and retrieved properly, but I can not find that it is used. Presumably, this should appear as a Label above the drop zone, but it is not.

Is this a feature that was present in OU type, but not in core, or is it a bug?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Thies

Re: Drop Zone Text

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
For this question type, it you can either use the Draggable item option or the Text option.
The functionality is one or the other, but not both.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Daniel Thies -
Thanks Shirley, but I am referring to the drop zone not the drag option. That one makes sense.
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Think about accessibility. It does label the drop zone, but only for screen-readers.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Daniel Thies -
I do not think this is an accessibility issue although it may cause confusion to questions authors. Adding a tag to the drop zone should improve accessibility in some cases (in others it could just gives a hint). One might add text to background image to same effect, but that would be less accessible.

Displaying the text would be the equivalent of a drag and drop match image to text question. The example that I was working on is from H5P demo, if you want to see the objectivehttps://h5p.org/question-set second question in set.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Daniel Thies -
I am sorry Tim, I see what you mean. I suppose t that does make sense. Thanks. It would fee nice to have an opt-in to make it visible though.