Can anyone help in finding plugins, please?

Can anyone help in finding plugins, please?

by Amir Sani -
Number of replies: 6

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for plugins that can fulfill following requirements and can work with IOMAD.

I'll really appreciate help in this regard.

LMS Requirement

Plugin for Student Identity Verification

1.       Multi-factor authentication for identity verification is used within the course (e.g. username and strong passwords, random challenge questions, two-factor verification processes etc.)

2.       Course uses a two-factor verification process to authenticate student’s identity at initial login

3.       Student identity is verified (e.g. random challenge questions):

a)       Throughout the course at random intervals, and

b)      Before each assessment

4.       Students have no more than a total of three attempts to authenticate:

a)       Using the two-factor verification at log-in

b)      Before each assessment

c)       At random intervals, throughout the course

Failure to authenticate, prompts students to contact a support line

5.       Re-authentication is prompted, after a logical period of inactivity, maximum of 15 minutes

Plugin for System Specifications

1.       Prevents more than one simultaneous log-in to the same student account

2.       System limits students to a maximum of 1 year from the time of registration to complete the course including a final exam (Will be monitored via audit)

3.       Meet the required number of Digital Curriculum hours as specified in the curriculum package (20 hrs), must show in report

Plugin for Reports

1.       Each student's course activity and progress is tracked, retained and independently produced (i.e. individualized student records) through digital record keeping and/or system records, including:

a)       Each authentication attempt and failure

b)      Time spent completing the course

c)       All assessments and their results.

Plugin for the following communication is tracked and logged:

1.       Technical, Service and Content support issues/concerns initiated by the student

2.       Survey feedback, provided at the end of the course

Plugin for Training Hours

1.       Maximum of 5 hours total of digital instruction per day, excluding breaks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amir Sani

Re: Can anyone help in finding plugins, please?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Firstly, we don't support Iomad here - we can't answer any Iomad specific questions. Having said that, Iomad is just Moodle and quite a lot of this stuff would apply to either.

I'm thinking that your requirements are so specific that you would require custom development for all or nearly all of them.

My only small gripe is (and I've spoken about this a lot) that there's no way to measure 'contact hours' on the web. It really makes no sense at all.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Amir Sani

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

There are several plugins in the Plugins Database that will already address some of your requirements - look for the 2FA and reporting plugins.

Eg.

https://moodle.org/plugins/auth_a2fa

https://moodle.org/plugins/tool_mfa

https://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=category&id=4

Most of the rest of your requirements can already be achieved using core functionality...

In 3.8, re-authentication is already prompted after a period of inactivity - default is 2 hours but that can be changed to a higher/lower time period by a site admin.

In all versions, it is core functionality to allow or prevent more than one simultaneous log-in to the same account.

And the core enrolment methods (eg. self enrolment) allows a maximum duration of enrolment for users from the time of enrolment.

Survey feedback, provided at the end of the course - core functionality (Feedback activity).

Technical, Service and Content support issues/concerns initiated by the student - core functionality (Forum or Feedback activity).

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Amir Sani -
Hi Jon,
Thanks a lot for the information. All your points are extremely useful for me.
I would like to get in touch with you to set these requirements, and to understand these functionalities.
I'm also willing to pay you for your time.
If we can meet on skype that would be really wonderful.
please let me know, my email address is amir_sani@hotmail.com
and my skype ID is amirsani1
kind regards
In reply to Amir Sani

Ynt: Can anyone help in finding plugins, please?

by aziz vefa -

Hi Amir

I hope all is well.

I live in Turkey and I have very similar requirements. Have you found an answer to your questions?

Have you had a meeting with Jon Bolton? Could he help?

If you help I really appriciate that.

Best regards

Thank you

Aziz

In reply to aziz vefa

Re: Ynt: Can anyone help in finding plugins, please?

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I am not able to help at this time, sorry.