Skype plugin adoption

Skype plugin adoption

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi David,
Would it be possible for me to become the maintainer for the Skype plugin? So far as I can tell, the currently listed maintainer, ETH Zürich, has never done anything in support of the plugin. They do not seem to have answered any queries in the Comments on Skype's page, provided any support in forum entries. They have not made any updates to the plugin page Description. It seems they have not released any updated versions of the plugin since they took over. And in fact, the links they have for, Source control URL and Bug tracker, are actually links to my Skype fork on github that I made years ago when the original creator quit updating the plugin.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Skype plugin adoption

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks AL. I've asked ETH guys to share their thoughts. I believe we will sort this out in a way that will make everybody happy.

In reply to AL Rachels

by ETH Zürich -

Hi Al, we already (on the date of your post) added you as a maintainer and there is no option to remove our name from the plugin page, so maybe David can help in that? 

We are happy for you to take full control of the plugin.

In reply to ETH Zürich

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Many thanks! I promoted AL to be the lead maintainer of the plugin and made the ETH account enlisted as the previous maintainer in the contributors section.

AL, it's in your hands now. Many thanks for adopting it. Looking forward to the updates on behalf of all the users using this plugin!

In reply to David Mudrák

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

@ETH Zürich and @David,

Thanks for making me the lead maintainer for Skype. I will try to get out an updated version ASAP.