Quiz preview counts as an attempt

Quiz preview counts as an attempt

by marco caparvi -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone. i'm on moodle 3.8.2

I've tested some quizzes in preview mode. In the end they are accounted as one attempt.

I've a total of 16 students enrolled and no one has taken the quiz (which opens tomorrow), anyway Moodle reports 1 attempt on 16 but (and this is correct) no marks have been registered in the gradebook.

Can someone be so kind to explain?

Attempts

reports

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marco caparvi

Re: Quiz preview counts as an attempt

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Yes, you are in preview mode. In preview mode, you are not a real student.

You could create a bogus student and try taking the quiz as a student to see what happens. Then observer points in the grade book, or lack of points if you did not set something up correctly.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

Ri: Re: Quiz preview counts as an attempt

by marco caparvi -

Thanks for your reply

Actually I think I'm out from preview mode, just registered on my normal role (admin). The preview attempt shouldn't be stored as "real one", should it? 

And, if my enrolled students are 16, how can my preview count as 1? If every student makes an attempt the total would go to 17. It doesn't make much sense to me.

P.S. I checked and my own account is not enrolled in the course. Just my students.

In reply to marco caparvi

Re: Ri: Re: Quiz preview counts as an attempt

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
My guess is that "preview" is not a real attempt. Have you tried creating a bogus user, attempting the quiz, to see what it reports?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)