Session time-out warning dialogue - could be better

Session time-out warning dialogue - could be better

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I keep seeing this recently, because I will be doing some development, and then leave my test Moodle open in a browser tab.

Always, when I come back later, there is the popup open telling me that my session is about to expire. Obviously, by then, when I click Extend session, I then get then error telling me that my session has expired. This is silly and annoying.

Clearly, how it should work is:

1. When you get to the warning time, then the pop-up appears at present.
    1. And, if you click Extend session before it fully expires, then that also works like it does now.
  2. However (and this is the new bit) if you actually get to the time when the session expires, then the contents of the dialogue should automatically change to say that your session has expired. That could give two options, 'Log in again', or, if you have unsaved data on the current page (which, since we have form-change-checker, we can know with some convidence) there should be a 'Close dialogue' button, so you can copy-and-paste any data you want to save before you log in.
Has anyone already made a tracker issue for this? If not, I will.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Session time-out warning dialogue - could be better

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ah! there is alreay a tracker issue: MDL-65856. If you agree with this, please vote.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)