Mass action on questions

Mass action on questions

by Jean-Marc Mienville -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I was wondering whether it's possible to apply a single action (e.g., change from abcd numbering to no numbering) to a whole group of quiz questions so as not to have to do it one question at a time.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean-Marc Mienville

Re: Mass action on questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is not possible through the Moodle user interface.

If you are very careful, and don't screw up, then you may be able to do this sort of bulk update directly in the database - but if you screw that up you could cause serious data-loss. (But a typical query might UPDATE mdl_qtype_multichoice SET answernumbering = 'none' WHERE answernumbering = 'abcd' AND categoryid = ???).

If you try that, you need to be aware that the changes won't show up until you go to Admin -> Plugins -> Caching -> Configuration, and Purge the 'Question definitions' cache.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Mass action on questions

by Jean-Marc Mienville -
Thanks a lot Tim! I do not have admin rights and I doubt our admin will have time to do that in those special times. So I'll have to do the questions one by one. But it's always good to know the trick.
Take care
JM