Tick options

Tick options

by Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz -
Number of replies: 3
I am using Moodle 1.6 and struggle with the various tick options.

I would like my students to attempt and submit a quiz. Then, they should be able to see their score with feed back, so they can have a second attempt. I have tried so many combinations, but was unable to meet my requirement. Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz

Re: Tick options

by Gustav W Delius -
Theoretically I would say you want to tick all boxes for "Responses", "Scores" and "Feedback" but want to tick the "Answers" (this means correct answers) only for after the quiz has closed.

But probably you will want to run your quiz in "adaptive" mode which gives the student feedback immediately after answering an individual question and lets them try that question again immediately, rather than requiring them to answer all questions before they get feedback, which is how the quiz works in non-adaptive mode.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz -

Thanks for your super quick response

I followed your instructions, but no luck.

For this application I don’t like the adaptive mode.

So far the closest result I have achieved was in none adaptive mode and ticked responses, scores, feedback and answers immediately after the attempt.

I get the correct answer highlighted in green, but no responses or feed back.

Could this be a bug or do I try the impossible?

In reply to Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz

by Gustav W Delius -
If you tick the boxes for "Immediately after the attempt" then the student should be shown the review page right after finishing an attempt and that should indeed show the data you selected. If it does not then something is wrong.

Now if you are testing development code it may well be that you downloaded it at a time when it was in the middle of some development and therefore broken. Things certainly work for me. So perhaps the best would be to wait until Moodle 1.6 beta (end of the month) and start the testing then.

If however you have the same problem in Moodle 1.5 then post more about it here and perhaps other Moodlers have an idea of what is going on.