How to end a course?

How to end a course?

by Francisco Silva -
Number of replies: 2

hello dear moodlers,

i got one question that is hard to explain but simple to awanse (i think and hope).

Lets say, my moodle has a course, that starts tomorrow (A), and i want it to end some days after (B), but i want to start the course again next month. How can i see the students results, reports there were in the second session of the course, without seeing the student results and activity reports regarding the first session? Is the field labed with C a way to separate those sessions?

Thank you

(see pic attached for A B & C)

Attachment start end.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francisco Silva

Re: How to end a course?

by Francois Parlant -
Hi Francisco,

Not really sure, but I wouldn't start again on the "same" page. I would duplicate (import activities in another empty page) instead.
And I would give a recognizable course id with their respective sessions: "Course1-2020-04" for the first one, "Course1-2020-05" for the second one. This way you can keep student records on each pages until the end of semester.

Hope this helps
François
In reply to Francois Parlant

Re: How to end a course?

by Mike Rookie -

Hi Francisco, 

Not really sure, but I wouldn't start again on the "same" page. I would duplicate (import activities in another empty page) instead. 
And I would give a recognizable course id with their respective sessions: "Course1-2020-04" for the first one, "Course1-2020-05" for the second one. This way you can keep student records on each pages until the end of semester.

Hope this helps
François

Thanks a lot!