Language-specific Grammar

Language-specific Grammar

by Bojan Milosavljević -
Number of replies: 3
About half a year ago I noticed a post about this matter and suggestions from Martin for modification of get_string function, but I don't see anyone is working on it. I 'd also like to know if there are some issues about this in future versions. I myself have got some ideas and tested some code, but it doesn't seem to be general enough. If someone is interested, I could write about it in more details. Just to remind everybody: Serbian and other Slavic languages, then Finnish I think and there seem to be many others, have some specific grammar rules not handled by Moodle code. For example, different plural forms for less than five of something and for greater or equal to five, not to mention declinations (we have 7 of them in Serbian) and so on... Thanks in advance for all answers.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bojan Milosavljević

Re: Language-specific Grammar

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
The best way to get a feature implemented is to post it in the bugtracker (unless you program it yourself of course wink ) I couldn't find an entry on this problem.

As far as I know, no one picked this up yet.
In reply to koen roggemans

by Bojan Milosavljević -
Thanks, Koen. I posted it in the bugtracker. I 'll try to find that post I wrote about, too
In reply to Bojan Milosavljević

by Bojan Milosavljević -

... and I' ve found it. It is the following: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=27431#129134

I 'd also like to hear people from that discussion ( namely: Tomaz Savodnik, N. Hansen, Samuli Karevaara, Jon Papaioannou) what they do now about it. I 'll post soon my opinions and (not general enough, I 'm afraid) solutions for this, something similar to what Robert Brenstein said in the link above.