how to recalculate grades

how to recalculate grades

by Julien Ciaffi -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

In a workshop, during the "assessment phase", students did some grading. Then I modified some weights in the "assessment form". But Moodle did not recalculate the grades. I tried to click on "recalculate" in the "Grading evaluation phase" but it did not recalculate the grades neither. 

wrong grade

Here is the assment form :

assessment form

Even in the assessment phase Students cannot grade again :

cannot regrade

And I did not find a way to clear grades. 

What can I do ? My Moodle version is 3.5.

Thank you very much for your help. 90 students are impacted...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julien Ciaffi

Re: how to recalculate grades

by Julien Ciaffi -
[update]
I forgot to update the deadline in the workshop parameters. Now that I did, in the assessment phase, students can open and save again their assessments. This is a workaround to recalculate grades.
Could you confirm that there is no better way yet ?
However, I want to emphasize that this is my first use of the workshop activity and I really appreciate it. Thank you !
In reply to Julien Ciaffi

Re: how to recalculate grades

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Julien. If i recall correctly, that is the only way to do it. The "Recalculate grades" buttons only aggregates the received grades. But the individual grades for each assessment are only calculated when the reviewer submits the assessment form. I think there was the reasoning that the reviewer should be aware of the weights of each assessment criterion, so it did not feel right to let them fill the form and then change the weights. But I agree there are cases when you would actually need it to happen.