Proposed improvement to reviewing essay questions

Proposed improvement to reviewing essay questions

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Someone at the OU pointed this out, and I thought it was worth fixing, but then I thought I should post here to make sure other people agree this is a good idea.

Background

When you create an essay question in the quiz, you can set what size the input box should be, to give students a hint what sort of lenght answer you expect. For example:

The bug

The problem is when a teacher reviews the student's attemp (or the student reviews their own).

You no longer get the visual indication of how much input is/was expected.

Proposed fix

I think this is an improvement. I hope other people agree.

(Note, this but only happened if you set 'Response format' to 'HTML editor'. There was no issue with 'Response format' 'Plain text'. So, this fix increases consistency.)

The tracker issue for this is MDL-68277.

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Proposed improvement to reviewing essay questions

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I agree. I can't see any potential problem with your change. Thanks.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Christopher Blake -
This is definitely a good change and I can't see any reason why it would be a problem.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jabez Samson -

How to add or remove a custom column in the quiz module grading overview table. In the requirement we have, we need to add the total number of questions attempted by the student. And also, when we rename the column name by modifying the code in "report.php", the name is added with a set of square brackets. Can we avoid it?

We are using a plugin called "Manual Grading by students". The Image of the table is shown below:

Please help us with this! Thanks!

Can the comment box be removed where the teacher views all the questions written by the student? We need only the marks box.