Forum editing time

Forum editing time

by Chris Brown -
Number of replies: 3

I understand that in order to change the 30min editing window it must be changed site wide. My question is, if that has been done in any way, will I still see the window advising me that I have 30 min to edit my post? The reason is that I was told the forum was set to post without delay, but when I do post I still see the 30min notification.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Brown

Re: Forum editing time

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the forum was set to post without delay'?

For each post you want to send, you need to tick the box 'Send forum post notifications with no editing-time delay'. You should then see a message 'This post will be mailed out immediately to all forum subscribers.'

In reply to Chris Brown

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
My school uses a different LMS that sends posts immediately. I have come to appreciate Moodle's delayed method. Sometimes I want to make a post, but I want to see exactly how this appears before it goes out. This other LMS's method is too fast, and it doesn't provide an opportunity to review what you want to say.

So consider sticking with Moodle's method.
In reply to Chris Brown

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Like Rick, I like the delayed send simply because I make typing mistakes that I sometimes do not see until after I have clicked the, Submit, button. The delay lets me make corrections, before posting my mistakes for the world to see. 😂