compatibility with Moodle 3.8

compatibility with Moodle 3.8

by Kai Niethammer -
Number of replies: 6

Hi there,

it is a pity the plugin does not get maintained to be compatible with newer versions.
I am running 3.8 and just installed the plugin for evaluation.

Found out that the notifications use custom session fields that are not available after installation. Helped myself to add the custom fields (location, venue, room) through the facetoface settings page. Funny the help texts are available on the sessions page once you add the custom fields. wink

Does it make sense I report any issue that I realize to support maintenance of the activity?

Best regards,
Kai

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kai Niethammer

Re: compatibility with Moodle 3.8

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Kai, definitely report any issues you find to the github isuses tracker!!

Support for appointments or face-to-face style training is something that is built-in to Moodle for Workplace and another well known Moodle fork, which is one reason why the maintenance of the "open-source" version of this plugin hasn't had a lot of love - because most of the people with $$ to spend on maintenance or development have moved to using one of those products instead!
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Kai Niethammer -
Thanks Dan, will do so smile

Assume there will be a higher interest now in this because many companies need to find a solution in these difficult times without having any budget planned for this.

Appreciate maintaining this plugin further smile
In reply to Kai Niethammer

by David Fiore -
Is there any way to influence this process? I am setting up my first moodle site, using 3.8, and f2f provides some needed functionality....is there some way of up-voting maintenance of this plugin?
In reply to David Fiore

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The best way is to test the plugin in 3.8 yourself, and report any bugs you find to the github tracker.

Then if you want to increase your influence... contact your local Moodle partner and offer to pay for a developers time to improve the plugin as required. smile

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
'Then if you want to increase your influence... contact your local Moodle Partner '
I suspect Catalyst would be quite a wise choice of Moodle partner for this. Although for most tasks I recommend Titus Learning smile
In reply to David Fiore

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I know you posted this some time ago...but I use 3.8 and it works just fine. And there was a post from Dan a bit ago on the plugins page that suggests there might be a 3.9 version out on github.