More Help Links - CSS to hide?

More Help Links - CSS to hide?

by Andy Hill -
Number of replies: 8

Hi guys

When adding an activity, the right hand side displays text about the activity. Underneath this we have a "More helps" link which i don't want. After reading an older post along time ago it appears that this can be done by modifying the moodle core, obviously i do not want to do this as any upgrade would wipe this out.

Have things changed that maybe i have missed in terms of being able to hide this via modifying core?  Or simply can someone help me with what the custom CSS would be to be able to achieve this?

Thanks again

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Hill

Re: More Help Links - CSS to hide?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
This might not show to students, only teachers and managers. Consider exploring this by logging in as someone in these other roles.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Andy Hill -
Hi Rick, hope all is well and thanks for the reply. I would like to still hide these from managers and teachers roles but understand what your saying. i read a post on a development forum and the response for someone else's same query was the option for a line of CSS code to be put in "Custom CSS" under admin. Would you know what this CSS code would be?

Thanks again
In reply to Andy Hill

by Rick Jerz -
No. I don't hide these icons. I do hide the notifications icon since I do not use internal messaging, but this icon is stationary and easy to find. But I am not sure about all the "?" icons.

Why don't you want teachers and managers to get help when they feel they need it? Don't you want your people to get smarter on their own without bothering you? Or are you a "pay-for" type of person and trying to make everyone need you?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Andy Hill -
Hi Rick

No, i have an external ticketing support system whereby i custom lang edit the writeup within moodle and then channel them into my freshdesk. Due to restrictions on the moodle for their individual role, they would not necessary be able to assist themselves in some cases.
In reply to Andy Hill

by Jon Bolton -
.choosercontainer .helpdoclink {display: none;}
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Andy Hill -
Excellent Jon, many thanks for your help... Works a treat smile
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Andy Hill -
Hi Jon

Many thanks for your help back in March 2020 over this issue. Your solution worked a treat but since the new moodle upgrade with the new window that loads when choosing an activity the "more help link" seems to have surfaced again. Originally i had in my custom CSS the following and wondered if you can help me hide this again in the new moodle 3.9?

.choosercontainer .helpdoclink {display: none;}
.popover .helpdoclink {display: none;}

Thanks again your help is appreciated.