Problems with formatting in dfwiki

Problems with formatting in dfwiki

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 0
Hi, some students called my attention about a problem (and big frustration) they are experiencing when trying to edit a wiki (I'm using dfwiki). Before presenting the problem, let me say that it seems clear to me (although perhaps I'm wrong) that the source of the problem is not the dfwiki module itself but rather the HTML editor. However, I would like to say that in order to make the dfwiki module a really successful module, a solid, full featured and friendly HTML editor should be included in it. The dfwiki editor is very good but certain kinds of users will never go for it. The current HTML editor in Moodle is also very good to do little things like posting a message in a forum with a little extra formatting but shows its limitations when it is used in more involved tasks with longish documents and more complex formatting. If dfwiki is going to be used extensively for collaborative work with complex documents, I think we should perhaps start thinking about doing something to improve the default HTML editor.

I don't want to complicate the lifes of Ludo and the members of his team because I know they are working very hard. But there are enough problems being reported with the current HTML editor to grant some attention is devoted to this issue.

OK, having said this, here's the problem. In the edit screen you see the following: df1
--------------------
But after saving the document, you see the following:

dfwiki1

So, is this a problem with the HTML editor or is it a problem with the integration of the HTML editor in dfwiki? At any rate, could anybody help me solve the problem? These students are telling me they don't want to work with wikis anymore because it is too frustrating and I don't want to have to do that.

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -