dfwiki + htmleditor + problem with newline

dfwiki + htmleditor + problem with newline

by Sjaak Kamerling -
Number of replies: 11

When I use within dfwiki the HTML-editor, it is not possible to create a new line. Within the editor I can enter text on a new line using Enter (of course); and the text on the new line can be seen on the screen. But when, after saving, I look at the text within the wiki, all the text is put next to each other. This behaviour of the HTML-editor does'nt occur within other activities within Moodle where the HTML-editor is used.

Is this a known problem?

BTW; I am working within IE6

Sjaak Kamerling

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sjaak Kamerling

Re: dfwiki + htmleditor + problem with newline

by Josep M. Fontana -
Is this the same problem I observed here? If so, perhaps there is really some issue in the integration of the HTML editor in dfwiki. I was attributing it to the HTML editor itself but it is true that this problem was not encountered when using the HTML editor outside dfwiki.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Sjaak Kamerling -
Yes, I think it is the same problem. In one or another way dfwiki and the HTML-editor conflict with each other. I hope that the constructors of dfwiki/HTML-editor can solve this problem.
Sjaak

by Josep M. Fontana -
What's mysterious is that only some students are having this problem, not all of them. And they are ALL using the HTML editor within dfwiki. I have the group mode activated and only some groups have reported this problem.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Vast: Re: dfwiki + htmleditor + problem with newline

by Ari Tahvanainen -
Hi,

After saving dfwiki gives js-error "'window.opener.location' is null or not an object". That's in IE.

If something goes wrong somewhere in javascript, it can give very mysterious errors elsewhere sad

- ari -

In reply to Ari Tahvanainen

Re: Vast: Re: dfwiki + htmleditor + problem with newline

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi there misterious guys,
Bug noted at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Dfwiki we'll deal with it soon.
Regards
Ludo
ps. yes I'm still alive... you just wait ;)
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Please fix it quick because I have a lot of students working with dfwiki now smile and otherwise I will have to fix the problems by hand. The wiki assignments are due already and this is creating a lot of frustration for the students.

You can fix the problems and create the carriage returns by substituting <br> for <p> or simply by clicking SHIFT-Enter but this is really time consuming when you have so many wikis.

Josep M.
In reply to Ari Tahvanainen

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
What IE version please??
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Sjaak Kamerling -

I am working with IE6.

Best wishes

Sjaak

by John DeBruyn -

Hi all,

Good question.  I was having the problem and saw this thread.  I use IE 8, or if there is a version 9, 9 with the HTML editor in dfwiki.  I just tried the FireFox browser and no problemo.

John

P.S. I am using the IE browser with the HTML now and this will probably work as I am in the forums. J.